When it comes to outdoor advertising, there are few formats as iconic and enduring as the 4 sheet poster size. With its unique history and versatility, this format has been a staple in the industry for decades, offering businesses and organizations a powerful way to communicate their message to a wide audience. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the dimensions, materials, and various uses of the 4 sheet poster size, and explore why it remains a popular choice for advertisers today.
4 Sheet Poster Size Details
- Inches: 40 x 60
- Centimeters: 101.6 x 152.4
- Millimeters: 1016 x 1524
4 Sheet Poster Size Template Download
Dimensions of a 4 Sheet Poster
At 40 x 60 inches, the 4 sheet poster size is a commanding presence in any setting. But where did these dimensions come from? The answer lies in the name itself. Traditionally, the 4 sheet poster was created by printing on four separate sheets, each measuring 20 x 30 inches. These sheets would then be combined to create the final product, resulting in a total dimension of 40 x 60 inches. While modern printing technology now allows for the entire poster to be printed on a single sheet, the name “4 sheet” has stuck, becoming synonymous with this particular size.
While the term “4 sheet” is widely recognized, the format is also known by another name across the pond. In the UK, the 4 sheet poster size is often referred to as a “quad.” Like the original name, this alternative moniker references the four individual sheets that make up the complete poster.
Uses of the 4 Sheet Poster Size
The 4 sheet poster size is a favourite among advertisers due to its versatility. You’ll find them in various locations, including:
- Bus Shelters: Strategically positioned at eye level, 4 sheet posters in bus shelters effectively target commuters and pedestrians, providing high visibility and exposure for your brand.
- Abri Shelters: Similar to bus shelters, abri shelters offer protection from the elements while affording advertisers valuable space for large-scale displays.
Printing Techniques and Materials
Advancements in printing technology have significantly improved the production process for 4 sheet posters. Whereas traditional methods involved printing on four separate sheets and combining them, modern techniques allow for seamless, single-sheet printing. Not only does this streamline the process, but it also enhances the overall appearance and durability of the finished product.
Two primary materials are commonly used for 4 sheet posters:
- Blueback Paper: Known for its opacity and resistance to show-through, blueback paper is a popular choice for outdoor advertising. While not all varieties are water-resistant, specific types are specially treated for use in harsh weather conditions.
- Backlit PVC: For eye-catching displays that truly stand out, backlit PVC is the go-to material. Perfect for illuminated signs, this substrate takes advantage of LED lighting to create striking visual effects.
4-Sheet poster size summed up
With its rich history, versatility, and adaptability, it’s no wonder the 4 sheet poster size remains a staple in outdoor advertising. From bus shelters to abri shelters, this format offers businesses and organizations a powerful platform to convey their messages to a broad audience. By understanding the dimensions, materials, and various uses of the 4 sheet poster size, advertisers can capitalize on its effectiveness and make a lasting impression on potential customers.